- Just as we lose the hair on our head, we also shed lashes. It is normal to lose anywhere from 2-6 lashes daily, so don’t be alarmed if you see a few drop off.
- Lashes grow at different hair growth cycles. If you feel there some that grow faster than others, please don’t cut them. And do not pick or pull them.
- There might come a day that you decide you might want a break from your lash extensions. Please do not attempt to remove them yourself. We offer professional removal of extensions so that the health and integrity of your lashes will remain intact.
- CLEAN is QUEEN. The most important aspect of keeping your lashes healthy and long lasting.
- Clean your lashes daily. Once they’re dry, brush them with a spooky to keep em’ fluffy and full. We will always provide you with one.
- Refrain from liquid or pencil eyeliners and mascara.
- Do not get lashes wet 24 hours after your appointment.
- Sleeping on your back or side is best.
- Avoid high heat. i.e. lighters, BBQ’s, opening hot ovens.
- Do not use Q-tips or cotton balls. You will always receive a micro fiber tool at your appointment.
- As much as we love to catch up, talking during lash application is best kept at minimum. Expressions, emotions, and facial movements make precise application very difficult.
- Do not bring children or animals to your appointment.
- Kindly silence your mobile devices during appointment.
- Chewing gum… nope
- Refrain from caffeinated beverages 3 hours prior to your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with squeaky clean lashes and free from foundation/powder under or over your eye area.
- Be prepared to lay down & be still for at least 2-3 hours for your initial appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothing for 6 to 8 hours, while tan develops.
- Don’t exercise, sweat, swim, or bathe for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 8 to 12 hours, shower normally. Don’t use exfoliates or abrasives.
- Wash with a mild shower gel or soap, preferably moisturizing. (Aveeno, Olay, Bath & Body Works, Suave, etc.) Use a mesh shower poof or washcloth (gently).
- Color wash off in the shower is normal: this is only the color guide tint. (bronzer) Your tan will continue to develop over the next 12 to 24 hours.
- Pat (don’t rub) skin dry.
- Apply a moisturizer or body butter to shower damp skin. If you like, you can use a tan extender lotion; scrub palms after use with bar soap and a nailbrush so that they don’t turn orange. Moisturize again before bed with a moisturizer.
- Apply moisturizer twice a day (after showering & before bed) and if you choose, apply an extender once a day or every other day.
- Avoid exfoliating skin. Some products can cause faster fading – bar soaps, alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A, etc. (anti-aging, anti-acne, regenerating, renewing) Make sure that you shave with a sharp razor to avoid exfoliating skin.
- Hot tubs, swimming pools, and even extended time in the ocean will take off your tan.
- Shower, exfoliate, and remove body hair before your tanning session. Do NOT use a moisturizing soap or body wash before you tan. Make sure you scrub your entire body well. Please don’t use loofas, as they make you streaky.
- Shave at least 6 hours before your appointment. If you tan right after shaving, your pores are wide open and you may get little dots on your legs!
- Be sure to wash off any hair conditioner residue from your body with soap.
- If your appointment is later in the day, you may need to shower before coming to remove any sweat and oils from the day.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed. Don’t apply moisturizers, oils, or makeup before your tanning appointment. They can effect tan development. A little anti-perspirant is fine, though.
- Wear dark, loose, easily cleaned clothing to appointment. Wear loose shoes. Bring an old swimsuit or undergarment to tan in. (wool, lycra, nylon, spandex, silk, rayon, and leather can all stain) We have disposable panties, or you may tan topless or nude if you prefer.
- Style hair in a hairclip or ponytail so it will be off of face and neck.
- You will not be able to get wet or sweaty for at least 6 to 8 hours, so please plan accordingly.
- Bring a towel to cover leather or light colored seats.
- If it is raining or snowing, bring an umbrella and/or hoodie.
- If you get rained or snowed on, you will streak or spot!
Microdermabrasion is designed for minor imperfections and general improvement. Those with very large or dark spots, moderate to deep wrinkles and serious scars should seek an alternative treatment
Lasting effects are dependant on proper skin care. Additional treatments will renew your youthful appearance. A series of six treatments over a few months is recommended for best results, followed by regular maintenance treatments.
Microdermabrasion does not require anesthesia, although it may be mildly uncomfortable. Tightness and heat are common effects and quickly fade. The feeling is often compared to a cats’ tongue licking your face.
Microdermabrasion is not recommended for people who have deep scars, active keloids, undiagnosed lesions, a recent herpes outbreak, warts on the face, skin cancer, active acne (stages 3 and 4), sunburns or active rosacea, eczema, an auto-immune system disorder, or unstable diabetes. Pregnant women should not undergo microdermabrasion. Individuals with deep scars, facial creases, or other moderate-to-severe skin defects should consider a stronger treatment such as a chemical peel or laser skin resurfacing.
- Less time
- Less discomfort
- Quick recovery
- No disruptions to normal activities
Chemical peels and laser resurfacing are most effective on the face; but not as safe and less effective on the neck, chest and hands. Microdermabrasion is safe and effective on the face, hands, chest, neck, knees and even elbows.
The ideal candidates for microdermabrasion are healthy adults who have relatively minor skin conditions or imperfections and realistic expectations about what microdermabrasion can and cannot do. Microdermabrasion works well for damaged skin, whether affected by acne, sun damage or aging; and skin of any type or color.
A Microdermabrasion facial treatment lasts approximately half an hour. Additional time is required for added areas.
Microdermabrasion results are usually immediate and noticeable. Results improve with multiple treatments and vary depending on your individual skin quality.
Microdermabrasion has proven to be effective in the treatment of the following conditions: fine lines; enlarged or clogged pores; mild acne and complexion issues; sun damage; superficial age spots; scaly skin lesions also called keratoses; hyper-pigmentation; uneven skin tone; oily skin; dry/patchy skin; acne scarring; black/white heads and dull, lifeless skin. In addition, most patients experience dramatic improvements in the color, tone, and texture of treated areas. In general, microdermabrasion results in thicker, healthier, more youthful looking skin. Over the course of a full set of treatments, the body will produce new layers of skin containing higher levels of elastin and collagen. This, in turn, improves the complexion and gives the skin a more radiant, vibrant glow.
Because microdermabrasion requires no anesthesia and leaves the skin slightly flushed for just a few hours the nickname “lunchtime face lift” has been coined by patients because of its quick recovery time. Microdermabrasion is an excellent option for people who cannot take time off from work for the deeper chemical peels or laser therapy treatments.
One of the advantages of Microdermabrasion is that it has no downtime. You can return to your normal routine and apply cosmetics directly after treatment.
YES! A few patients do notice their skin feeling tight immediately after the treatment as if the skin has been exposed to the sun or wind. You might experience a slight dryness of the skin depending upon your skin type. An effective moisturizer is applied after the treatment to prevent this drying of the skin. The skin might appear slightly red for the remainder of the day. Initially, you may feel a very mild scratching sensation as the diamond tip makes contact with the skin. As the treatments continue, this experience compares to a deep massage. Mild redness may occur for ½ an hour to one day depending on the aggressiveness of the program.
Microdermabrasion is a safe and common procedure. Unlike laser resurfacing or chemical peels, this procedure is not traumatic and therefore there is no downtime to allow for healing and recovery. But, as always, provide your full medical history and follow your pre and post-treatment instructions.
Initially 5 to 8 treatments spaced 7-10 days apart are recommended for most people. Acne scars and or discolorations may require more treatments. Monthly maintenance treatments every 2 or 3 months may be necessary to maintain results.
The skin is washed to remove excess oil and dirt. Then, an esthtician runs the diamond tip head over the area. The applications will abrade away old, dead skin cells, which the vacuum then picks up with gentle suction. This promotes the growth of collagen and new, rejuvenated skin. Moisturizers and sun block are then applied to the treated area.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical, non-chemical, non-invasive method of skin resurfacing that utilizes a diamond tip to provide effective exfoliation and rejuvenation of the superficial layers of the skin. When a more aggressive treatment is necessary, vacuum pressure can be increased to evenly penetrate deeper layers of the skin. Increasing the blood supply provides nutrients necessary for skin regeneration, repair, and increased cellular turnover. In return, improving the skins’ elasticity and texture, as well as balancing the pigment.
- Slow down! Don’t stress! Stress causes hormonal fluctuations and increased oil production, which may result in troubled skin.
- Apply one of our high-quality, good-for-your-skin sunscreens with an SPF after your moisturizer everyday!
- Follow a basic routine of cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing/hydrating, and protecting daily with good facial products. — Avoid drugstores/preservatives.
- Try not to touch your face, or other areas of concern, like your chest, neck, or even your back, too much. Keep phones, pillows, makeup brushes, etc. clean.
- Drink water plenty of water; this will help keep your skin hydrated and clear.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit, and raw nuts. Research shows that eating a good diet results in the appearance of luminous, blemish-free skin.
- Avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol intake which causes dehydrated skin, puffy, tired-looking eyes and premat
- Be sure to use make-up that’s non-comedogenic (the stuff that clogs pores).
June Bug Skin Care proudly carries Image Skincare. Image products vary and are formulated for different types of skin: aging, dry/sensitive, oily/acneaic, and sun-damaged. They also carry a revitalizing organic line. We love this line for its diversity, clean packaging, simple ingredients, and reasonable cost.
Receiving a facial should leave your face feeling refreshed, glowing, and beautiful. In no way should you feel discomfort. However, in some of the facials we provide, extractions are performed that involve mild pressure to clogged pores and acne-prone skin. The skin care therapist will always inquire whether or not you prefer extractions. We also use products with Retin-A, salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids. These products are designed to exfoliate skin to reveal fresher, more youthful skin and may produce a slight tingling sensation. Tingling is fine, burning is NOT. Your skin care therapist will communicate with you during this process to ensure you are comfortable at all times.
NO, Although a facial is a fabulous way to luxuriate and pamper yourself (which, of course, you deserve), it can often cause a mild breakout due to the exfoliation and stimulation that is involved with the treatment. We suggest getting a facial at least 7 days before your special occasion.
Depending on the density of the hair growth, your waxing appointment will take between 20 minutes to one hour for women, and 45 minutes to 90 minutes for men
Although we cannot predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible break outs.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Regular exfoliation may be helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
- Unfortunately, no hot bath, hot shower or oral sex for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.
To begin, skin is prepped with mild botanical cleanser. then longer hair is snipped with scissors if necessary, and then wax is applied a little at a time. The hair is removed and the procedure continues. The wax used for this procedure is a no-strip wax, meaning it is applied to the hair to be removed, it “shrink-wraps” around the hairs, and is pulled off after it dries. The wax is made for sensitive skin, so it’s great for bikini/Brazilian waxing. Stray hairs may also be tweezed. After the hairs are removed, a delightful blend of essential oils is applied to help soothe the area. It is a botanical solution, so please advise your skin care therapist if you are allergic to any foods – because if you can’t eat it, you shouldn’t put the extracts on your skin.
Every time you get waxed, your hairs become weaker, making the process easier and faster over time. It is fast, and the skin looks and feels softer as well as lasts longer than after any other method of depilation.
If you are comfortable, the Brazilian wax will be done without any draping. A towel will be available for draping if you prefer.
After a client’s first waxing, the results can last 3 to 6 weeks depending on the individual’s hair re-growth rate. In most cases, hair growth is minimal during the first week or two and noticeably increases in the third and fourth week. Heat stimulates hair growth; therefore hair grows quicker in the summer than in the winter. With regular waxing the length of time between treatments will increase. Continued waxing results in sparse hair re-growth.
Let the hair grow out about two weeks before your appointment. If the hairs are very long, trim them to 1/4inch. This ensures a faster, much less uncomfortable procedure and cleaner, smoother results. If you have time prior to your appointment, please shower so that hairs are easily to be picked up by wax.
It all depends: your first time receiving a body waxing can be uncomfortable because after shaving for years, the hair grows extremely coarse. The more frequently you receive body waxes the more the hair will begin to grow thinner. Removing hair directly from the follicle is never comfortable. If you are especially sensitive to pain or you are first-time waxing client, you may want to take an anti-inflammatory (such as Ibuprofen) 1 hour before your appointment, or you can apply numbing cream 45 minutes prior to service. With continuous waxing, hair becomes finer and sparser, and waxing becomes more comfortable. I think the anticipation is the worst. I always try to talk with my customers, keeping their minds busy with fun conversation. That way, they don’t concentrate on the pain.
Brazilian waxing refers to hair removal around the anus, perineum and vagina. To some people it means removing all the hair from the bikini area, and to others it means removing everything but a strip in the front or completely bare. This is a very intimate type of waxing and will only be performed after careful consultation. How closely you trim, shave or wax your pubic hair is a personal preference. You should do whatever makes you comfortable, whether it’s a bare look, a more natural look, or something in between.