Although we cannot predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible break outs.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Regular exfoliation may be helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
- Unfortunately, no hot bath, hot shower or oral sex for 10 hours after a Brazilian. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.
Leave A Comment