- Wear loose fitting clothing for 6 to 8 hours, while tan develops.
- Don’t exercise, sweat, swim, or bathe for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 8 to 12 hours, shower normally. Don’t use exfoliates or abrasives.
- Wash with a mild shower gel or soap, preferably moisturizing. (Aveeno, Olay, Bath & Body Works, Suave, etc.) Use a mesh shower poof or washcloth (gently).
- Color wash off in the shower is normal: this is only the color guide tint. (bronzer) Your tan will continue to develop over the next 12 to 24 hours.
- Pat (don’t rub) skin dry.
- Apply a moisturizer or body butter to shower damp skin. If you like, you can use a tan extender lotion; scrub palms after use with bar soap and a nailbrush so that they don’t turn orange. Moisturize again before bed with a moisturizer.
- Apply moisturizer twice a day (after showering & before bed) and if you choose, apply an extender once a day or every other day.
- Avoid exfoliating skin. Some products can cause faster fading – bar soaps, alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A, etc. (anti-aging, anti-acne, regenerating, renewing) Make sure that you shave with a sharp razor to avoid exfoliating skin.
- Hot tubs, swimming pools, and even extended time in the ocean will take off your tan.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!